What you'll learn
“Greetings” are what the caller hears when a call is not answered or when a call is routed to a specialized extension like Auto Attendant, Ring Group, Call Center, or Voicemail box. Greetings are audio files that are stored by the platform and played when needed. Greetings are used for announcements, interactive voice recordings, instructions, and just name announcements. You can record your greetings over the phone or use the portal to upload one. Some greetings, such as the main (auto-attendant) greeting, are set up by the administrator; others are set up by each individual user. If greeting audio files are being uploaded they must be in either .mp4 or .wav format, mono and between 16KHz and 32 KHz sampling rate. Higher sampling rates do not improve quality, so it’s not necessary to record at higher bit rates.
To view the list of greetings, navigate to Feature > Greetings
Add mailbox greetings
The Greeting Manager allows users to upload new or updated greeting files to your extension. Additionally, you can preview the greeting by clicking the play sound button. There are five basic greeting types on the platform:
- Voicemail Greeting – Plays to the caller when call goes to voicemail
- After Hours Greeting – Plays to the caller when extension is set to after hours or night mode
- Name Greeting – Plays to the caller the ‘name’ of the person or extension number
- Custom Routing Greeting – Plays to the caller just before a call is routed
- Hold Music Greeting – Plays to the caller when the call is put on hold, routed to another extension
To add a new greeting:
- Click the +Add New button. A new Add Mailbox Greetings pop-up will appear.
- Select the appropriate greeting type from the drop-down menu, browse for and select your file.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Only files in the .wav or .mp3 format can be used to upload greetings to the End User Portal.
Download or Delete a Greeting
You may also download or delete a greeting by selecting it and clicking the download or delete icon next to it.