What you'll learn:
As an Administrator, you can set up a ring group. A ring group is a group of phone numbers, extensions or physical telephones that ring together, simultaneously, when one extension number or extension is dialed. You can also have a group mixed with VoIP Phones and outside phone numbers. The group can also be named for easy reference (e.g., “Customer Service”). After the Ring Group has been created, you can select the group in call routing.
To view the list of active ring groups, navigate to Feature > Ring Groups
Create a new Ring Group
- Click the +Add New button on the top right corner. A new popup will appear.
- Assign a new name to the group.
- Click Save.
Note: There are no limits on how many Ring Groups can be created, and they can be used as needed.
Add Members to a Ring Group
- To add a member, Click the + Add Member icon next to each group. A new popup will appear.
- Choose phone type and place details in the box provided. For VoIP phones, specify a caller ID prefix to the members of a Ring Group.
The Quick Add feature allows the full listing of a group and member. This is ideal for administrators who already have a list in mind.
- Click the + Quick Add button on the top right corner. A new window will appear.
- Assign a name to the Ring Group and click Save.
- Choose your Ring Group from the dropdown list.
- Add members to group by moving them to the right with the arrows, click Save.