The HUD (Heads Up Display) lets you, in real time, view, manage, supervise and review calls made to and from all extensions on the account. The HUD feature allows you to view real-time phone activity for all phones associated with the account. The HUD is a powerful “super receptionist” console. Additionally, the HUD enables features such as call monitoring and transfer with the click of a mouse. If the Supervisory HUD is associated with a phone that has been selected to supervise, the ear and spy symbols will appear in the Supervisory HUD. Only phones selected as Supervisor can spy on or monitor calls.
What you will learn:
To view the HUD, navigate to HUD > HUD
Note: Pop-ups must be enabled in the browser from the site in order to fully utilize the HUD screen. The HUD screen will be adjusted in accordance to the number of phones setup. Each phone/user will also display the number of new, urgent and old messages in their own voicemail box.
HUD views are available in two modes: TABLE and TILE. In either mode, each phone/user will show the user’s name, presence, call state, and extension. The default view is TABLE View.
The HUD offers basic actions to any user.
- SORT – You can sort the list by extension, name, or on call.
- TRANSFER – You can transfer the call
- ADD CONTACTS – You can add contact on the system.
The HUD also provides advanced actions based on the roles (user, admin, supervisor), permissions on extension and whether a call is active. When you are not on an active call, the following actions are enabled:
- CALL – You can directly dial the selected user
- SPY – You can listen in on live phone calls remotely and undetected
When you on an active call, the following actions are available:
- CALL – You can directly dial the selected user, to set up a transfer or three way call
- BLIND TRANSFER – You can transfer to the call to another extension, without waiting for the target user to pick up
- SUPERVISED TRANSFER – You can transfer to the call to another extension, but must wait for the target user to pick up
- TRANSFER TO VM – You can transfer the call to a target extension’s voicemail Inbox
The HUD can either display all extensions in your organization, or you can set up specific groups to be displayed as an option. You can set up as many groups/groupings as you want, naming them as you need. HUD Group is designed to allow visibility and organizational control over selected extensions with your organization. Since HUD Groups can be configured in almost any way you want, the can represent an office, department, division, or any other logical grouping of extensions. Please note that individual extensions may be members of multiple HUD Groups.
You can Edit, Trash or Manage members of a HUD Group by selecting the appropriate icons to the right of the HUD Group name
Selecting the Manage members icon, opens another window called HUD Group Members – “Name”. You can select an individual extension, multiple extensions, or search for extensions to add using the search bar. Click Save to save your edits to the HUD Group Member list.
The HUD lets you add or edit contacts. Contacts are useful to enable HUD actions outside of internal extensions. You can create a HUD Contact that is your personal mobile number in order to dynamically route callers to that number.
To view the list of HUD contacts, navigate to HUD > Contacts.
Add HUD Contact
To add new contact:
- Click the +Add New button on the top left corner of the window. A new window will appear
- Enter the first name, last name and contact number.
- Click Save.
Edit or Delete an existing Contact
You may also modify or delete a contact by selecting it and clicking the edit or delete icon next to it.