Settings section of the Clarity(TM) portal contains features and capabilities that represent the state of those features, are not often updated or changed, and usually represent an account-wide configuration of the feature.
What you will learn:
Caller ID allows you to see an incoming caller’s number before you answer. The setting allows you to modify Caller ID features including extensions and smart caller IDs.
To configure caller ID, navigate to Settings > Caller ID.
Edit a caller ID
To modify a caller ID:
- Click the edit icon next to a caller ID. A new window will appear.
- Enter the Caller ID Phone Number To Display.
- Click Save.
Caller ID Bypass
Setting a Priority Caller allows you to make a specific caller a priority. Entering their number here, allows them to bypass your call screening (Call Screening On or Call Announce) settings to reach you. Priority caller id’s will automatically override call screening settings and turn call screening off.
Add a new Caller ID
To add a new caller ID:
- Click the +Add New button on top left corner of the window. A new popup window will appear.
- Enter the valid phone number.
- Click Save.
Edit or Delete a Priority Caller ID
You may also modify or delete a Priority Caller ID by selecting it and clicking the edit or delete icon next to it.
Smart Caller ID
You may buy phones numbers from all over the country through our customer service. We then use Smart Caller ID to display those numbers as the caller id (instead of the phone’s caller id) when you dial an area code that matches, giving the illusion that the call is local.
Extension Caller ID
Enables you to enable smart Caller ID and Outbound Caller ID Number.
When someone dials 911, this routes call-to-service and then to the correct 911.
To enter the E911 details, navigate to Settings > Mailbox.
Place necessary detail for your E911 on the space provided. You can also make changes to all phones on your system and the necessary address you’d like to apply.
Messages drop allows you to move on to other callers by automatically leaving prerecorded voicemails. You can upload and order up to 9 different message drop mp3’s.
Add or Edit Message Drops
To add or edit message drops:
- Navigate to Settings > Message Drops. A new window will appear.
- Select a number from the drop down menu.
- Click the + Browse button and select message file to upload.
- Click Save.
Messages can be copied or moved to another extension on your account if necessary.
Configure Message Forwarding
To configure the message forwarding:
- Navigate to Settings > Message Forwarding.
- Select Copy or Move messages to another extension from the dropdown menu.
- Click the +Add Extension button and add the extension where all of the messages will be moved or copied.