The Call Flow process represents a totally new way to visually understand and control how calls route, schedule, and answer calls.
This Call Flow process covers vacation, office and routing settings, including a new default setting that ensures every call will be handled even when no alternative is specified or is active.
Default setting makes sure that all calls are handled without having to set anything in the system. Call Flow also steps you through the settings in execution priority order improving understanding of how the call will ‘flow’ through the available options for the telephone number or extension.
Please note that Call Flow process options are dependent on how a telephone number (DID) or extension is defined in the system. For example, Auto Attendant numbers have different call flow options from Routing extensions that have different Call Flow options than Ring Group numbers.
There are a maximum of four steps to complete the Call Flow process. The first step is to select the Extension for which you want to configure the Call Flow. Depending on the selected extension, whether the extension is an Auto Attendant, Routing Extension, Call Center, Virtual Extension, Fax or vFax, Dial by Name, or Voicemail, the Call Flow display and steps are context sensitive and can vary between one to four.
The Select Extension screen is organize by the type of extension set up in the system. You will only see the types of Extensions that are in use on the account, not every extension type. To choose an extension:
- Click on the Call Flow in the left menu. A new window will appear.
- Search and select extension which you wish to create, edit or delete Call Flow. For the remainder of the document, we will show the steps for a Routing extension, the most extension type with most options.
- Click Next.
You can determine what action to take for the provided extension when on vacation and a call is received.
To configure the vacation settings:
- Select the desired action from the dropdown menu, as well as the Start and End dates.
- Check the Suspend Notification toggle button to enable or disable notifications.
- Click Save.
You can setup your working hours and availability. To schedule your office hours:
- Select the desired option from the drop-down menu that appears next to each day.
- Select the Open and Closed times.
- Click Save.
You can also specify holidays and voicemail extensions in addition to vacation.
To edit holiday:
- Click the pencil edit button in the right-hand side. A new window will appear.
- Enter the Name, Start Date, and End Date.
- Select the + Browse Button and upload the audio file if required.
- Click Save.
A route associates an extension with a destination – whether a physical phone, internal or external telephone number or extension , voicemail or even your individual cell phone. Additionally, routes are time and date-based. You can use the toggle button to enable or disable the route.
Add New Route
To add a new route:
- Click the + Add new route button in the top right corner. A new window will appear.
- Enter a priority number and a route description.
- Use Always Active toggle button to activate or deactivate the route.
- Set start and end times, as well as the days of the week.
- Use Emergency Mode toggle button to activate or deactivate the route as an emergency mode route.
- Select the Route To and Option from the drop down menu. Additionally, enter the Timeout value.
- Click Save.
To add/update routing profile:
- Click the Routing Profile button in the top right corner.
- Click Add/Update. A new window will appear.
- If the profile is already there, choose it from the drop-down menu. If not, click on the + Add New Profile icon to make a new profile. A pop up window will appear.
- Enter the profile name and Click Add New Profile. The new profile name will be added to the list of Routing profiles.
The system will either send the call to voicemail, transfer the call to another extension, or hang up after all call routing options have been tried and there has been no response. Select the default value from the drop down menu and then click Save.
Note: The default setting is voicemail for Routing extension.