A. Saving a contact from the History menu
- Press the "History" button , select the recent call and press the "Option" button
- Select "Add to contact", and press "OK" and "Save" to store the contact's name and number to your local directory.
Note: To delete a recent call from the "History" menu, press "History", select the call, and press "Delete". To clear the entire list select "Option" - "Delete All" and confirm it by pressing "OK" button.
B. Adding a contact manually in the Local Directory menu
- Press "Directory" then press "Enter" for "Local Directory"
- Press "Enter" for "All Contacts", then press "Add".
- First, enter their name using the dialpad.
- Next, scroll down to enter their number using the dialpad, press "Add" or "OK" to store the contact.
C. Adding manually via the Yealink's web interface
- Press the OK key and you will see the IP address on the screen, typically 192.168.X.X
- Enter in the IP address in your browser, you must use https:// for the start of the address
- If the following message pops up, click "Advanced", and then "Proceed".
- Sign in using "user" as username, and "00000" as the password.
- Click Directory Tab
- Enter a new contact name & number, and click Add
Note: You can also specify a ring tone for that contact, by changing it from Auto to a different option.
- Contact is now added immediately and updated in phone, as seen below.
D. Exporting/importing via the Directory menu in the Yealink's web interface
- You may also export/import your contacts using a .csv template file.
- Access the web interface as shown above, and go to the Directory menu
- Export the file first, and then open the file.
- Enter the Names and Contact Numbers under the first 2 columns
- Save as .csv format (Comma delimited)
- Click "Browse" in the Yealink Directory menu, choose file and click "Import CSV"
- Check the box "The first line as the title", then click "Import".
- The list of contacts will immediately be stored to the phone.
- If you have to do a factory default of the device, it will erase your local directory as the contacts are stored on the phone's memory.
- The step to do prior to doing a factory default would be to export your contacts, to not have to redo the whole process again.
- After having factory defaulted the phone, you can then import the contacts you had backed up.